Author Topic: 15 watt combos  (Read 4645 times)

Offline RustyShackleford

• View Profile
15 watt combos
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »
pardon the new guy, but why is it there are no 2 channel 15 watt combos on the market by any manufacturer (not even just randall) that are footswitchable. i've got a 30 solid state amp that i run on 1 or <1 all the time. i'd like to have a 15 just so i could run it a bit louder and get some better breakup on the distortion (i'd really like to snag me a nb15/ friggin clean channel sounds amazing!). i know that it's prolly to keep the pricepoint down or something like that but i'd be willing to pony up the bucks to get a 15 watter with a footswitch.

i know i'm a freak of a guitar player (wanting fewer watts instead of more and buying amps based on the clean channel) but someone throw me a bone here. in case you'd really like to what has brought me to the point of denying my 100 watt tube head and seeking a 15 watt amp (with a footswitch), my band plays churches (and pretty much only churches) and alot of times they're older churches built with live acoustics (bare hardwood floors and walls, bare pews, no carpet). i'd rather go with a small amp than a processor because 70% of the time, there is no sound man (or not one i trust).

thanks in advance!

Offline scumhn

• View Profile
Re: 15 watt combos
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
Jesus 15watts of tube amp
 would be loud in a church

Offline RustyShackleford

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »
yeah, i meant solid state! i guess i should have specified huh? i used to have a 40 tube amp and there was no way that thing saw any action on sunday mornings indoors!

Offline DaveFSJ

• View Profile
    • MOTOROACH
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »
You're not a freak wanting lower wattages mate, alot of people are heading that way, look at Jim Root from Slipknot/Stonesour, just released his Signature 15/7w Orange Amplifier.
More people are realizing that you dont need 400w of amplifier, you can get great tone from a 5w amp, you just need to be mic'd on stage.
Randall T2
Randall RA412XL
Fender Mustang III
Fender Telecaster HH Spalted Maple
Dean Dimebag FBD
Presonus 44VSL & Studio One

Offline Wookieslayer

• View Profile
    • My band's facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 03:19:19 AM »
But I love my 400w and 300w monsters!  :lol:

But seriously what I love about the T2 and V2's, is that they can still get down to whisper volumes and still sound good; just engage the FX loop and bring down the FX return knob. 
Randall V2 / Titan
RS412XLT100
ISP Decimator, Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen 6, BC Rich Jr V Icon

Offline Tanker

• View Profile
    • Tanker @ Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
If you ask me about Randall 15W SS amps I would redesigned it a bit to get warmer tone like Peavey do. It is not amp you will go to tour with and you must watch for freq. response, its bedroom amp and it should sound sweet at first.

Make it sound sweet so kids would like it more.
Randall RD45
Randall V2
Fujigen Guitars
Metal music always loud!