Author Topic: RH150 G3 Plus  (Read 1951 times)

Offline VicSoxUK

• View Profile
    • Concrete Sox Official
RH150 G3 Plus
« on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »
I just bought a Randall RH150 G3 Plus on recommendation of our new vocalist (he has one too). It's that good a head that I'm selling my Marshall JCM900 half stack. Really impressed with this head. Using it with a Digitech GRUNGE pedal & my 2 Hamer (USA) guitars (88 California + 92 Centaura). My band Concrete Sox play mainly thrash-metal/punk (5 album releases since 1985).

I'm loving this amp with/without a distortion (the gain channel is superb)! Would I be right in thinking this head is as good as anything at a much higher price bracket? (I paid £165.00 for mine on eBay [used] + £20.00 postage). Using it with a Jet City 4x12 (280w I got for £85.00).

Any tips/advice on this amp (tho I got it sounding well sweet as it is).

I'm new here btw (1st post).

Hi & thanks in advance for any info, Vic...

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:27:04 PM by VicSoxUK »

Offline Gwill

• View Profile
    • My Band Triaxis!
Re: RH150 G3 Plus
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »
The clean channel is surprisingly good on the amp, better than the T2 I've got. The gain channel has a lot of cool things you can do with the contour but one thing you might want to try is engaging the mid scoop button but boosting the mids. It has a different character to it than having lower mids on  the normal setting! Personally I'm starting to wonder if these contour knobs are a good idea, I don't think I've ever gone a week without fiddling with it in search of the perfect tone  :-\
I want all the new amps!!

Offline belleraphon88

• View Profile
Re: RH150 G3 Plus
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:27:56 PM »
Congrats on the amp.
I love the gain channel, i boost it with a boss SD-1. sounds killer! Not for more gain but it alows me to have less gain dialed in on the amp so i have less noise, and keeps everything nice and tight XD
My pre amp crapped out tho, struggling my balls off to fix it.
The amps tone is too good fr me to give on the amp.