Author Topic: RT50H question.  (Read 3208 times)

Offline thatoneguy

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
RT50H question.
« on: January 10, 2013, 06:09:01 AM »
hey, new here so if i posted this incorrectly my bad.
anyways, i have an RT50H, and i had it apart today (a piece of something was rattling inside it) and i noticed that there is a labeled spot on the preamp for a bright switch and an attack switch for channel 2. i was curious why these arent on the finished amp, and if i could put them in. if so, what type of switch should be used? any help or advice would be great, thanks

Offline MetalMan

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: RT50H question.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:11:08 AM »
They probably use the PCB for more than one amp. Saves some money that way.
Bright switch usually just switches in a cap (120pF, 150pF, etc... ) across a pot or resistor somewhere.
On the clean channel of the RT50 it switches in a 100pF cap across the gain pot.
After a quick search i see the Randall V2 has an "attack" switch which has tight and loose settings.
Gonna guess and say that is switching in a larger value cap on one of the cathodes.
Find a schematic for the V2 and you can see the specific values they are using and the exact circuit.