Author Topic: Problems with my RH150 G3 amp  (Read 4985 times)

Offline SunkBelow

• View Profile
Problems with my RH150 G3 amp
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:31:38 AM »
Hello everyone! So I purchased a used Randall RH150 G3 amp a few months ago and I'm digging the sound coming out of it! But it's been f-ing up lately : /  The amp turns off in the middle of me playing, then turns back on, then back off...  It got really bad last practice as it wouldn't even turn back on til I got home...  Does anyone know anything about that??? I'm trying to see if some of you have had the same issue before I take it in to a shop....  Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!!

Offline Rocker Billy77

• View Profile
Re: Problems with my RH150 G3 amp
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:28:41 AM »
I've posted comments regarding this problem in the solid state amps section but yeah I've had this exact problem and so have many others. I bought a RH 150 G3 some years ago and found that when I played it at stage volume it kept shutting off but when I reduced the volume it was fine. At first I took it back to shop where I bought it  and they sent off to be fixed but after four such 'fixes' it still had the same problem. I did some research and found that people all around the world were having this trouble but noone and I mean noone, even Randall could come up with an explanation. It's been bugging me for quite some time now and I think that at the least Randall should provide a reason for this to all their supporters who forked over their hard earned dough for an amp that obviously has a few problems. i'm sorry i can't help you on this but at least I can let you know that you're not alone on this. Not by a long shot.

Offline bustup

• View Profile
Re: Problems with my RH150 G3 amp
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 07:38:48 PM »
Here's one of the threads that Rocker Billy77 was referencing.

http://forums.randallamplifiers.com/index.php/topic,98.0.html