Author Topic: How to fix RT503H reverb tank?  (Read 3979 times)

Offline goldfish188

• View Profile
How to fix RT503H reverb tank?
« on: April 03, 2013, 05:41:57 PM »
The reverb on my RT503 head wasn't working. I went online and found that in some of these heads, this was due to a loose wire or something. I opened my reverb tank and found this: http://i.imgur.com/C0Hi0QX.jpg. I can see that the second spring should be connected, but I can't figure out how to reconnect it.

Any tips on how to fix this?

Also, how would I go about finding the impedance for the tank? The number (2BB2E) doesn't seem to correspond to any of the numbering systems for reverb tanks that I've found online.

Offline MetalMan

• View Profile
Re: How to fix RT503H reverb tank?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:05:38 AM »
That looks busted to me. Not sure if you could take it apart and resolder it back on or not.
Looking at my tank now from my RT50 and it would appear that to some extent it can be taken apart.
Took mine out cause it sounded like crap and found that one of the 4 springs that keep it all suspended came loose.
Fixed that , put it back in and still not a good sound. So i took it out. I use a wet/dry setup now with external
effects.
To measure your tank you need a mulitmeter and take a reading on the input and output.
I looked for another tank for mine but my A.D.D. kicked in and I moved on before i found anyting. lol