Author Topic: thinking about one of these bad boys  (Read 6411 times)

Offline muthachugga

• View Profile
thinking about one of these bad boys
« on: April 07, 2013, 02:22:34 PM »
Wow, totally surprised at how few posts here. I always thought Randall was legendary, still do. Anyway, I think I may give the KH combo a whirl. I have a Randall tube amp combo, 50 watt, along with two other SS amps, one 40watt and one 100. I myself am not one who can really even tell much difference between tube and SS. For me SS is just less hassle, and I love the sounds. I really like the look of the amp too. Is this model still in production? I find it odd that Randall has basically two websites, each with different products. Kind of confusing for an old, almost solid stone metal head like me. 
Oh, I hate the fact that you have to do the ***ing verification every f'in post. But, have a look at Schecter Guitar's forums, totally , I mean totally, overrun with spammmmmmmmmmm. 

Keep smokin' and keep on chuggin'

Offline Gwill

• View Profile
    • My Band Triaxis!
Re: thinking about one of these bad boys
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 05:23:53 AM »
After you post a couple of times the authentication step seems to get removed.

The Randall line is having a complete reboot, what you are seeing on the new website is the new Randall product line. The brand has been totally relaunched with some great amps. The KH and all the older amps have been discontinued and replaced with the new stuff. It should be amazing because they have collaborated with Mike Fortin.

If you are after something quite quiet you can try the Diavlo range, they have some low wattage models. There are a couple of videos on youtube showcasing these new amps.
I want all the new amps!!

FortinAmps

Re: thinking about one of these bad boys
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »
Wow, totally surprised at how few posts here. I always thought Randall was legendary, still do. Anyway, I think I may give the KH combo a whirl. I have a Randall tube amp combo, 50 watt, along with two other SS amps, one 40watt and one 100. I myself am not one who can really even tell much difference between tube and SS. For me SS is just less hassle, and I love the sounds. I really like the look of the amp too. Is this model still in production? I find it odd that Randall has basically two websites, each with different products. Kind of confusing for an old, almost solid stone metal head like me. 
Oh, I hate the fact that you have to do the ***ing verification every f'in post. But, have a look at Schecter Guitar's forums, totally , I mean totally, overrun with spammmmmmmmmmm. 

Keep smokin' and keep on chuggin'

Randall's Facebook seems to be moving more than this forum.
https://www.facebook.com/randallamplifiers