Author Topic: SHOULD I BUY THE T2?  (Read 4477 times)

Offline ptrdmr

• View Profile
SHOULD I BUY THE T2?
« on: July 09, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »
Alright, I've been doing a lot of research in recent weeks in regards to the T2 head. I've watched what few videos there are on them, I've read reviews, and I've looked at the specs. After all that I'm coming up with the general consensus that it's a pretty damn decent amp. So I want to make the final step and ask the Randall community directly, what do you guys think of your T2's? Pros, cons, is there something better? Is there nothing better? I want to know, so let me have it! :)

Thank you ahead of time for yo help.

Offline bustup

• View Profile
Re: SHOULD I BUY THE T2?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »
The T2 is one of the very few Randall amps that I have never played. Having said that, I own a V2, which is supposedly the same thing as the T2, but with a 6 band EQ. The V2 sounds sounds like a Vmax on steroids. It's got a very crisp very loud sounding distortion. It's definitely on the Egnater side of the Randall spectrum. It reminds me of the new RG series and the old X2. Just very powerful punishing solid state.

The above amps sound very different from the titan, cyclone, and warhead amps They also sound completely different from the older rg series and century amps.

What kind of music do you play?

Offline Wookieslayer

• View Profile
    • My band's facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 03:36:05 AM »
Yes!  Love mine.  Thought mine was broken but it's actually the power in my house fluctuating.  Every rehearsal I've played at least 2-4 hours and it keeps on kicking.

The V2 is a beast too but they can sometimes overheat (more SS circuitry); I've thought about putting a bigger heatsink fan in mine. 

I think I prefer the T2 soundwise because it is a bit more in your face and raw, but the V2 is very close and more tweakable out of the box.  Depends what you want.  Both are massive sounding and modern.  The T2 has warmer cleans since it uses the preamp tubes while the V2 is SS clean.  Both use MIDI and love being run at 4 ohms for max 400w power. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:37:51 AM by Wookieslayer »
Randall V2 / Titan
RS412XLT100
ISP Decimator, Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen 6, BC Rich Jr V Icon

Offline MainiacMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
Wookie is correct.  Wish I had the $$ for all the V2/T2 series as I would no doubt own them all at once.  I currently own a T2 and had a V2 ninja and archetype.  The T2 is a mean, raw version of the series.  I do love the graphic eq and tight/loose options on the v2 though...you really can't go wrong with any of these.

Offline Normie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 11:51:38 PM »
I have T2HL and I love everything about it. To me it has a modern vintage character. If you are looking for mid scooped metal sound, I would suggest you to buy RG 150.
Randall user and abuser