Author Topic: RANDALL V2 for Stereo Cab?  (Read 3787 times)

Offline dmack

• View Profile
RANDALL V2 for Stereo Cab?
« on: August 20, 2013, 06:31:20 PM »
Can you plug both outputs of the Randall V2 into a Left and Right Channel of a Speaker cab for Stereo?

Offline tacklebox455

• View Profile
Re: RANDALL V2 for Stereo Cab?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 01:07:07 AM »
you can if the ohm ratings will work with that head, however you will not be running stereo you would be running mono still

so if cab is 8ohm(or whatever ohm its rated at) per side and you have 2 8 ohm outputs(whatever your outputs are rated at) on amp then yes by all means give it a whirl

if the amp only has say a 8 ohm out and a 4 ohm out and the cab is 8 ohm per side then no you cant use the 4 ohm wih the 8ohm per side cab as you will kill your amp
Electric Wizard,Weedeater,High on Fire thats my play list

Offline dmack

• View Profile
Re: RANDALL V2 for Stereo Cab?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 01:15:05 PM »
Well My confusion is that the back of the Amp has a label stating that 400watt @ 4ohm, 220@8Ohm and a minimum 2ohm load. The two outputs do not state a "left or right" output.

So there again, my current cab is loaded with 8 Omh Celestion V30's and GT12-75 for a total 8 Ohm input. Perhaps my cab is wiring should be looked into? And if so, how should my speaker cab be wired?

My reasons for asking is that my delays and time based effects sound really horrible through both the front and through effects loop.