Author Topic: T2 Head  (Read 3809 times)

Offline DaveFSJ

• View Profile
    • MOTOROACH
T2 Head
« on: May 07, 2012, 06:15:28 AM »
Lets start talking about the T2....

Who's got one?

And, who can explain the 'Mid' Range Knobs and how they should be used together?
And, who can explain the 'Density' and 'Presence' Knobs and how they should be used together?

I usually just try to find what I like in tone when using these settings but otherwise Im not to clued up on it.
Im used to just having a standard 'Mid' knob and 'Presence' which came with the RH100 I used to own.

Cheers
Dave
Randall T2
Randall RA412XL
Fender Mustang III
Fender Telecaster HH Spalted Maple
Dean Dimebag FBD
Presonus 44VSL & Studio One

Offline toHellwParadise

• View Profile
Re: T2 Head
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:29:55 PM »
ive got one, just went out on me last week. had it for 5 years now and never had a problem. i hope it can be repaired, i love this amp!

Offline Wookieslayer

• View Profile
    • My band's facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 04:02:43 AM »
I've got one and recently falling in love with it again.  I like to dial the bass back to 9 to 10 o'clock and density around 10, and depending on what volume I'm playing I'll boost or scoop the mids with the sweep between 9 to 11 o'clock; presence 10 to 2 o'clock, depending on how I'm feeling and volume.

The mid sweep helps you dial in the sound and compensate for a honky sounding speaker or cabinet, or make up for the loss of body if you take out too much bass (because these amps have so much bass through some cabinets that the low end takes over if you're not careful!).  However I find the best results is throwing a graphic EQ in the loop to tame the lows under around 100hrz. 

Such a punishing head, raw and pissed yet still modern.
Randall V2 / Titan
RS412XLT100
ISP Decimator, Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen 6, BC Rich Jr V Icon

Offline DaveFSJ

• View Profile
    • MOTOROACH
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »
What a great description for the T2 Wookie, Raw and Pissed! I like it!
Randall T2
Randall RA412XL
Fender Mustang III
Fender Telecaster HH Spalted Maple
Dean Dimebag FBD
Presonus 44VSL & Studio One

Offline Wookieslayer

• View Profile
    • My band's facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 03:15:59 AM »
Thanks Dave!  I think it is an appropriate description.  I would say the V2 is smoother than the T2, though the T2 can do "smooth" tones with tweaking of the EQ and different pickups/cab combos, it still has that raw character. 

I also own the first gen Titan; now that thing is RAW and authoratative!  not as much gain as the later models (at least mine), but it has a sort of dry character in the distortion, a sort of hallow roar that I love.  I really need to bust it out again with my rig, it's been almost a year since I've played her!  :(
Randall V2 / Titan
RS412XLT100
ISP Decimator, Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen 6, BC Rich Jr V Icon