Author Topic: Why has my T2 lost volume  (Read 4029 times)

Offline beermetal2003

• View Profile
Why has my T2 lost volume
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:07:12 PM »
I was playing through my T2 this afternoon and it was fine,then when I went back on it later it has lost all it's volume.I can still heard the sound coming out but it's very faint.is this because a tube needs replacing,possibly the 12AT7?
Please help

Offline Wookieslayer

• View Profile
    • My band's facebook
Re: Why has my T2 lost volume
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 11:12:25 AM »
This happened to me about two months ago.  I was jamming and just tweaking the mids knob when the volume cut in half.  Scared the crap out of me but I turned off the amp and turned it back on, let it warm up again in stand by and it seemed to be fine.

I'm not sure if it is a tube or not... mine haven't been replaced in some time but pre-amp tubes seem to last a good while.  Let me know if a tube swap helps you out!

Unfortuantely my V2 has a similar issue but worse... on the clean channel there is little to no sound and very weak gain; it has to be almost maxed to get any volume and it sounds bad... I tried swapping the 12ax7 in the first slot and the 12at7 but it didn't do anything to help the cleans...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:15:58 AM by Wookieslayer »
Randall V2 / Titan
RS412XLT100
ISP Decimator, Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen 6, BC Rich Jr V Icon

Offline DaveFSJ

• View Profile
    • MOTOROACH
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:25:39 AM »
I never had the volume issue but my T2 Head suffered alot of damage when the previous owner hadnt turned the fuse around on the back from 110V American to 240V Australian.
Im guessing the fault current placed on the head didnt blow the fuse but did a lot of damage internally, The amp still operated but the tone was absolutley destroyed, the repairer said he had to do a fair bit of work to fix it. Cost me nearly $800 to fix it! I was pretty pissed off as the head cost me $1000 second hand, I could of bought a new one for $2000!  >:(

Anyway, hope you sort out your volume issues.
Randall T2
Randall RA412XL
Fender Mustang III
Fender Telecaster HH Spalted Maple
Dean Dimebag FBD
Presonus 44VSL & Studio One

Offline tacklebox455

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 04:43:15 AM »
check all your cables dont swap the tubes but get another 12AX7 or 12AT7 and swap each tube for the new tube see if this doesnt help, if not its gonna be a internal problem
Electric Wizard,Weedeater,High on Fire thats my play list