Author Topic: RD100 Diav  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Wickedguitar1

• View Profile
RD100 Diav
« on: September 27, 2014, 11:35:25 AM »
Just got this amp a few weeks ago and it kicks ass!!! The gain is amazing and the boost is so good does not change the tone just adds to it!! You don't need a overdrive in front just maybe a clean boost to add to solos!!!

I want to change two tubes but can't seem to find info which are the gain stage meaning V1 V2 anybody can help me on this one

Offline jreldmyr

• View Profile
Re: RD100 Diav
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 02:52:40 PM »
I can't help you but at least you'll get one reply....this forum is dead....the esp forum is just as dead. Carvin and Marshall have good forum's....here not so much.

Anyway I also have a Diavlo 100H and I love it. I play mine through a 4x12 mesa rectifier cab....very brutal yet very beautiful on clean with a little reverb added.

Does best I believe with active pickups like EMG 81, 85 or 81tw, 89....also sounds great with SD Black Winter pickups.

Didn't like the amp as much played through a Marshall 4x12 with G12T75's or my 2x12 Marshall w/v30 & Heritage.

My other amp is a Mesa Tremoverb....both great!

FortinAmps

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 09:03:03 PM »
Facebook seems to be more active.
https://www.facebook.com/randallamplifiers

Offline Mox666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »
i send a several emails and message to facebook , and thery dont help me with my rd100 ... just  .. they dont care about us ... consumers ... its really strange ...

Offline Jeffrock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 04:09:46 PM »
It seems Randall AKA USMUSIC corp doesn't care about us and our $800 heads. Maybe they would care if we had bought the 2-3K heads

Offline moshpit5150

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 03:26:19 PM »
New guy here..so will it be a waste of time asking about my RD45H Diavlo heads bias ? I just want to find out if the plate voltage can be checked at PIN#3 hot and ground lead wire to ground ? I will be receiving my RD45H head in about 10 days and as always I want to re-tube and check bias but I have never done the bias on a/any Randall amplifier..from what little I have found out supposedly these heads have 2 what looks like possibly bias trimpot adjustments right by the 2 power tubes,I am thinking if this is true maybe each power tube has its own bias trimpot ?  I have a handhelp bias plate voltage/millli amp checker but it needs to be re-calibrated so I have to check the plate voltage at whichever pin is correct. I have 3 new pairs of power tubes and 10 different preamp tubes ready to roll when my amp gets home to me...Sorry OP,I didn't mean to hijack your thread with my BS..I was hoping I would find an active Randall amp forum with lots of cool people and info they don't mind sharing,but might be wrong..any info on Randall RD45H Diavlo heads would be greatly appreciated! And again SORRY TO THE ORIGINAL OP !!