Author Topic: RG100HT Power Drop  (Read 1518 times)

Offline oliollioxenfree

• View Profile
RG100HT Power Drop
« on: January 01, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »
Hey, I just registered on this forum for this issue. I've had my RG100HT ('88) for about 6-7 years now, never had problems. Used to play it through a Behringer 4x12, now play it through a Mesa Recto 4x12.

Anyways, lately (Starting about a week ago), I've been having issues with the volume dropping in and out (not when I pull the treble pot - talking about a separate issue here). I've checked all my cables, my guitar, etc. It's definitely the amp. This started happening after I was messing around with my Carbon Copy Delay in the loop, I had the volume on the amp set at minimum, and as I was messing with feedback loops, the volume crescendo'd out of control, and I switched off the pedal. I made the mistake of doing it a couple more times, after checking online and seeing that there was no danger. However, now my amp is having these power/volume drops, and I don't know if it's related, or if it's just time to replace some parts in the head.

Is there anybody with experience with these amps that knows what the issue might be, and how I might go about fixing it? Thank you in advance! I love the amp otherwise, and have never had problems with it, I love my Randall! Just wanna fix this issue and move along!

Offline dimebagvibrato

• View Profile
Re: RG100HT Power Drop
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 07:54:53 PM »
I'm a little late but I'm sure you've fixed the problem by now, but this happens to be the return input getting dirty so when the contact isn't making a connection, the amp will have no output