Author Topic: Randall RG80 Problem (Shuts Off)  (Read 574 times)

Offline Dregulator

• View Profile
Randall RG80 Problem (Shuts Off)
« on: September 10, 2016, 01:45:25 AM »
Hi, i'm new to this forum but i needed an answer to this terrible, terrible problem.
I bought a Fender Mustang V2, 40 watt, about a year back. The reason i say this, is because about 2 weeks ago it spazzed out and kept shutting off on itself. I don't gig with it, i just practice. Well i ordered a replacement, which in this case is the "Rg80 80 watt ss combo amp". Well, i'm posting today to say that its doing the same exact thing. Either i have the luck of a black cat, or i'm doing something wrong.
I am asking for any help, before i call again for a replacement, or taking it in to a tech guy for it. I live 2 hours away from the nearest Guitar Center, which is where i bought it from. I'm lost, jist need some help.

It also runs hot to the touch, after about 2-3 minutes of playing, and buzzes out to silence. It may turn on after 1 minute to only stay on for 30 seconds. The settings i have are:
*Clean*
Gain:5
Master: 3
*Dirty*
Gain:7
Master:4
*All Eq's flat
No fx on

Thank you, anything helps; and also sorry about the terrible post structure, on my phone as of now, because my entire house is falling apart.