Author Topic: Diavlo RD100h Tube Help/Questions  (Read 487 times)

Offline judaslamb

• View Profile
Diavlo RD100h Tube Help/Questions
« on: September 11, 2016, 07:34:14 PM »
Greetings from Central Texas!

I'm having my first tube amp trouble - picked up a brand new Diavlo 100h about a year 1/2 ago - the thing has been making me smile since. Today, we started up practice, and the amp was making a series of pops and click sounds, followed by a high pitched squeal. Thinking it was an OD pedal up front or a pedal in the FX loop, I powered down the head, and removed everything from the loop, and ran straight in. Powered back on, and a loud pop after turning on the STANDBY switch...no sound.... We also noticed a power tube (if you were looking at it from the back, it is the 2nd from the left) looks like it has gone bad. I checked the fuse and it is good. I have a new matched set of JJ 6L6's en route from Sam Ash as I type - I've never changed tubes or biased before, but I did get in touch with Randall CS about a month ago and they wouldn't give up ANY information on this amp as far as re-biasing this bad boy. Does anyone have any information about this particular amp regarding the tubes and bias voltage (terminology?!) and possibly a suggestion as to what the symptoms sound like they could be?! I'm pretty self sufficient as far as fixing stuff, but I CANNOT for the life of me find ANY info on this 100h amp to get it rolling...Thank you all so much! - Ben