Author Topic: randall rh 300g3  (Read 7506 times)

Offline csm84

• View Profile
randall rh 300g3
« on: September 23, 2012, 10:20:18 AM »
Hey just bought a randall rh300 head a few days ago. I tried it out for the first time today- It works fine until you turn the master volume up over 5. After that the sound just cuts off. I cranked up the preamp sectin of it all the way because i thought it might be the tube. Was not that. It only does it if you turn the master volume over 5. Was running it through a 400 wat carvin cabinet. Also tested it with another peavey cab and experienced the same problem. I looked at the back of the head and it says it has a maximum power consumption of 500 w. Started looking at the engl head we also have its maximum power consumtion was only 160w. Me and the other guitarist have no idea but we think it is either the head itself or mabe the amp draws to much power and we might have bad wiring? Any ideas? Anyoje experience this problem before with the randall rh300?

Offline Wookieslayer

• View Profile
    • My band's facebook
Re: randall rh 300g3
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 05:13:28 PM »
I heard that sometimes this issue was common with the RH150/300s... try e-mailing Randall and see what they say.  Some kind of bug...
Randall V2 / Titan
RS412XLT100
ISP Decimator, Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen 6, BC Rich Jr V Icon

Offline c4syndicate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 03:50:18 PM »
I just cranked mine over 5 and it works fine

Offline Rocker Billy77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »
Much like who built the pyramids or Stonehenge I'd like to get a definite answer to this question too. A few years ago i bought a brand new RH 150 G3 head which sounded fine at home but when I took it to band practice I had the same problem where it would cut out when the master vol was even slightly above 5. I contacted Randall who told me to take it back to shop where I bought it. Well they ended up sending it away four times to be fixed and everytime it came back  i still had the same problem so they refunded my money and no longer deal with Randall gear. I did a bit research on the net and found out I wasn't the only person having this trouble by a long shot. From what I can tell it goes throught the whole G3 range and nobody -even Randall- can tell me what it could be. I've used a lot of different amp brands over the years but I've never dealt with anything like this and would dearly love to get an answer. Surely it can't be that hard to sort out.

FortinAmps

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:07:56 PM »
Yeah, it is not working correctly if it is shutting off like that. Please contact amp.support@usmusiccorp.com
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Rocker Billy77

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 11:57:37 PM »
Mike I contacted the address you provided but I've had no response.

Offline Rocker Billy77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 11:48:23 PM »
The wall of silence surrounding this problem is astounding.

Offline bustup

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 09:43:33 PM »
Holy sh##!
I bought a rh300 about a year ago at guitar center, and had to return because it had the same problem.

Mine looked exactly like the one in the video below. It did NOT have the VD valve dynamic printed on the faceplate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2czur98zMNU

I was really disappointed, because the tone I could get out of it before it cut out was f###ing phenomenal! It's too bad.

Offline Rocker Billy77

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 02:45:59 AM »
So bustup don't you think that those of us who've had this problem deserve to know what this is all about ?  Randall must know what's going on but won't give us the courtesy of an answer even though we've spent money on these defective products. No other amp brand has this trouble or treats its customers with such indifference.

Offline FIREONHIGH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 05:43:21 PM »
all i can add is i have 45 days to play this 300 watt rg every day all day.. if it f%%ks me one time offf to the china s**thole which it came from,sad to hear all the problems with randall after the sell out of america to the chicoms

Offline bustup

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »
all i can add is i have 45 days to play this 300 watt rg every day all day.. if it f%%ks me one time offf to the china s**thole which it came from,sad to hear all the problems with randall after the sell out of america to the chicoms

I've had zero problems with my rg3003. I love that thing! The rh300 is a different story.