Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Hello, everyone!
« Last post by SheerHammet on Today at 04:26:17 AM »
Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online amplifiers community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers! :)
Randall Tube Amplifiers / Randall RD1 Head crappy sound!
« Last post by El_Zippo on October 17, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »
Hello everyone! Recently bought a Randall RD 1 head for bedroom use. The reason i secelcted this particular head, was the advertising videos and the reviews in which the forthcoming sound was solid mordernised metal distortion and of course the fair price, two elements that made RD1 a real deal.

Howerver when i pluged in (not in the RD110-D box, i instead already have an Engl 110 Gigmaster which is practically the same) the outcome was a total disappontiment since what i heard was an overdriven moody heavy/rock sound, definently not heavy metal and certainly not the one i heard in youtube. Not thick enought, not compressed enought, not tight, not fat. I had to turn the settings to a cleaner sound and plug in my old MXR Fullbore Metal pedal in order to get some crunchy tones. And still the sound was still too moody for my taste.

I'd dare to say that i feel a little bit disappointed by Randall, since i had higher expectations, however i keep on watching videos on youtube where the sound of the RD1 is totally different. I'd like to know if for any reason the unit i bought might have a problem with the tubes.

Thanks anyone in advance and i know that the queston is somehow stupid, but i really hoped that this amp would be something good.
Randall Solid State Amplifiers / RG13 headphone issue
« Last post by sh_leedesign on October 12, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »
I recently bought RG13 and I love the amp! Sounds killer with my Randall RC212. 

However, when I plug in headphones I only get the sound on the left side.

I tried 4 different headphones and they all have no sound on the right. I know the manual said some headphones will do this, but I would like to know why so I can fix the problem.

I have a newborn and the headphone is a must! Please help me find a solution.
Thank you.
Randall Tube Amplifiers / Re: RD100 Diav
« Last post by Jeffrock on October 09, 2017, 04:09:46 PM »
It seems Randall AKA USMUSIC corp doesn't care about us and our $800 heads. Maybe they would care if we had bought the 2-3K heads

Randall Tube Amplifiers / Re: How to set bias on RD100h?
« Last post by Jeffrock on October 09, 2017, 04:04:16 PM »
Same here! So far I've found this much out!
It does have a split bias. there are two screws inside the AMP behind the power tubes that say 2 outside, and 2 inside.  This allows for the use of different tubes. Try looking at the satans manual. it doesn't say much, but explains the two bias screws.I've emailed support, and have yet to get a reply.
Randall Tube Amplifiers / How to set bias on RD100h?
« Last post by Mike Shotton on October 04, 2017, 10:06:11 PM »
I'm swapping out the power tubes in my RD100H, but for the life of me, I can't find the bias trim pot inside the head unit to adjust the setting.  I've also searched the web for schematics of this head, but to no avail...  Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice
RandallBay / Re: LOOKING FOR RG100ES PART
« Last post by Shomwhang on October 04, 2017, 04:23:30 AM »
Looking for RG100ES PART as well, wait a long time, who has the advice?
Randall Solid State Amplifiers / Rh100 issue
« Last post by WingsofFang on September 27, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »
So i have a randall rh100 g1 and when i either play sustained notes or palm mutes it makes almost a crackle or like sound drop/weak signal sound and wanted to know what may be the issue and how to resolve it. It happens on all channels and is juat really irritating. Any help would be appreciated.

This link is a clip of what it sounds like https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K9duma2l_gc
thank you for your  help i appreciate ...let's rock !!!!
Randall Solid State Amplifiers / Re: Newer RG80 and RG150 combos
« Last post by LtColumbo on September 03, 2017, 10:12:11 PM »
I am curious about this as well.

Any info would be greatly appreciated it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10